HIGHLY-DOSED WILD YAM EXTRACT WITH DISOGENIN
The wild yam root is a nutritious tuber plant native to North and Central America. It’s root is rich in diosgenin, a so called phytohormone that is often referred to as “natural progesterone”. Due to its high diosgenin content, Wild Yam is especially recommended for women in their menopause.
Our product is highly dosed and provides 1440 mg wild yam extract with 86.4 mg diosgenin per daily dose (2 capsules). We also included zinc, as this trace mineral is important for healthy bones and contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood. The male sex hormone is also relevant for female hormone balance.
Of course, our product is suitable for vegans and free from any additives such as microcrystalline cellulose or magnesium stearate, which are often found in Wild Yam supplements from other manufacturers.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ZINC
- Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to normal cognitive function
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails
GOOD TO KNOW
- Wild yam was already used as a medicinal herb by the Mayans and the Aztecs.
- Native Americans used a tea made from this root, to relieve labor pains.