A NATURAL & ORGANIC VITAMIN C
We use an acerola extract derived from organic acerola cherries harvested in Brazil, the fruit’s origin. The organic cultivation allows us to offer a product that's free from harmful pesticides and is not chemically treated during the extraction process. Compared to isolated or synthetic ascorbic acid, the acerola extract contains organically bound vitamin C, comprising a unique compound of phytonutrients like dietary fibre & valuable antioxidants. This results in its high bioavailability and bioactivity.
Our capsules are not overdosed. Vitamin C is naturally found in a lot of foods, and an excess will be flushed out of the body. Highly dosed vitamin C supplements can cause heartburn and other digestive problems, while a natural form is more gentle on the stomach. Our product is additive-free, while many low-quality vitamin C tablets contain them. Lastly, through extensive laboratory checks at an independent laboratory, we ensure the top quality of our product.
THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN C
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, skin, bones, cartilage and teeth
- Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and psychological function
- Contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Increases iron absorption
- Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
GOOD TO KNOW
- Along with B vitamins, vitamin C is a watersoluble vitamin. This means that it can only be stored in the body in small quantities and therefore must be taken up through food.
- Vitamin C is especially found in large quantities in fresh vegetables and (citrus) fruits.
- Acerola cherries are fruits with one of the highest vitamin C content.
- Avoid taking the capsules in the evening; it can cause problems falling asleep.
- We recommend to take it together with an iron supplement, as vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron.