NATURAL EYE SUPPORT
The eye is a highly complex sensory organ. With age, our eyes become weaker and age-related vision problems like macular degeneration (AMD) may occur, a condition that can ultimately lead to complete vision loss. In order for the eyes to function properly and to maintain eyesight certain nutrients are required, including the two carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin which are responsible for fine feature vision and protection from light-induced damage. Also zinc and vitamin B2 contribute to the preservation of normal vision.
Our product contains all these vision-supporting nutrients plus other valuable antioxidants. We use mostly natural ingredients like polyphenol-rich persimmon extract, beta carotene from carrot extract, fermentation-based vitamin B2 and zinc citrate. We also added the branded raw material XanMax, a high-grade marigold extract that provides a high dose of lutein and zeaxanthin. Lastly, we included the organic bilberry extract Feno-Myrtillus that is rich in anthocyanins.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ZINC & VITAMIN B2
- Zinc contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, the maintenance of normal vision and normal metabolism of vitamin A.
- Vitamin B2 contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system, the protection of cells from oxidative stress and the maintenance of normal vision.
- Along with their metabolite meso-zeaxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin are the only carotenoids found in the lens and retina of the eye.
- Natural food sources of lutein and zeaxanthin include green leafy vegetables (kale, spinach), broccoli, corn, pistachios and egg (especially yolk).
- We recommend taking the capsules with a meal that contains a source of healthy fats to increase the absorption of the fat-soluble carotenoids.