Like vitamins A, D and E, vitamin K belongs to the class of fat-soluble vitamins and therefore our body can absorb them better if we take them with some fat. For this reason, our vitamin K2 capsules also contain flaxseed flour (healthy fats).
Vitamin K describes a whole group of substances, whereby only vitamins K1 and K2 are important for our metabolism. ""Menachinone-7"" (MK-7) is an effective, natural and easily absorbable form of vitamin K2. But also MK7 exists in two forms, which are called cis- and trans-isomers. However, the body can only do something with the trans-isomers. Vitamin K2 in the cis form is almost completely ineffective. It is therefore important to ensure the highest possible proportion of trans-isomers. Products with a trans content of more than 98% are called ""all-trans"".
Our body needs vitamin K2 to maintain normal blood clotting and influences bone formation and metabolism. It is responsible for our calcium metabolism. Because it contributes to the fact that calcium gets into our bones and not into the vessel walls of our arteries.
We had long wanted to develop a vitamin K2 product - but we simply could not find a raw material that met our expectations. Until we found a small company in Italy that produces a truly extraordinary K2 (VitaMK7) that makes our Vitamin K2 capsules so special:
- Of course, our K2 is the MK-7 form. This is considered the most effective because it has the highest bioavailability, circulates longest in the blood and thus has the most lasting effect.
- Of course K2 is all-trans - and the purity is not only 98%, but 99.7%.
- The raw material we use is exceptionally stable. This is important because K2 is very sensitive to air and light.
- Our K2 is obtained by fermentation from bacterial cultures (Natto), i.e. it is not synthetically produced.
- The complete production process takes place in Italy.