NOT JUST A SIMPLE VITAMIN K2 PRODUCT
Like vitamins A, D and E, vitamin K belongs to the class of fat-soluble vitamins. It has a central role in blood clotting and also supports bone health. What many may not know, Vitamin K refers to a whole group of substances, but only vitamins K1 and K2 are important for our metabolism. Menaquinone-7 (MK-7) is the natural and highly bioavailable form of vitamin K2. It exists in two forms, the so-called cis- and trans-isomers. However, the body can only utilize the trans-isomer.
Vitamin K2 in the cis form is almost completely ineffective. For our product we use a unique raw material from Italy: VitaMK7 from Gnosis. Of course, this vitamin K2 is the highly pure MK-7 form with an all-trans content of at least 99.7%. VitaMK7 is exceptionally stable, which is important because K2 is very sensitive to air and light. In addition, the vitamin is obtained by fermentation from bacterial cultures (Natto) and thus not produced synthetically.
The importance of Vitamin K2
- contributes to normal blood clotting
- contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
Good to know
- In contrast to water-soluble nutrients, fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin K2 can be stored in the body.
- Vitamin K doesn’t define a single substance, but rather a group of substances, comprising more than 100 known compounds.
- While vitamin K1 occurs mainly in green leafy vegetables, vitamin K2 is predominantly found in fermented foods as it is produced by microorganisms.