A NATURAL AID
Sage has been used for centuries as a natural remedy. Our product contains a high-quality sage leaf extract from controlled organic cultivation that was carefully processed to preserve its valuable bioactive ingredients. Our supplement is therefore non-GMO and free from pesticides.
We use an extract from Europe and not a simple powder to also ensure a high concentration of important bioactive components found in the leaves. The organic sage extract is standardised to 1% rosmarinic acid, which is one of the most relevant phytocompounds of the herb. Of course, our product doesn't contain any artificial additives like microcrystalline cellulose or gelatine, keeping our product natural and suitable for vegans!
- Sage is a powerful herb. The leaves are a great source of over 160 different phenolic compounds: such as caffeic acid, rosmarinic acid and salvianolic acids; as well as flavonoids plus many other powerful phytocompounds.
- The plant has been considered sacred by Romans and has been traditionally used against intestinal and digestive disorders, infections, intoxications, and others.
- Sage is especially valued for its astringent and oestrogen-like properties.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The scientific name Salvia derives from the Latin word ‘salveo’ which means ‘salvation’, ‘to be in good health’, ‘to save’, or ‘to heal’.
- For many years, sage has been used for culinary purposes as a flavouring and preservation.
- Romans considered it a sacred plant, so much that there was a real ritual for the harvesting.
- Rubbing sage leaves on your teeth may help whiten them naturally.