NOT JUST A SIMPLE VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is a water-soluble vitamin that has a central role in energy metabolism, nervous system function and blood cell formation. But B12 is special in the sense that it can be stored in the body, unlike the other B vitamins.
Just as special as vitamin B12 is, so is our product. Instead of using synthetic cobalamin forms or B12 derived from bacterial fermentation, our product contains natural vitamin B12 from shiitake extract.
We use shiitake from controlled organic cultivation, which prohibits the use of chemicals and pesticides. This is especially relevant for mushrooms like shiitake as they absorb substances from the material they are grown in, including chemicals and heavy metals.
The advantage of shiitake as a natural source of B12 lies in the presence of additional phytonutrients, as well as different biologically active forms of vitamin B12, making our supplement highly bioavailable. Of course, it is also free from any additives.
THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN B12
- Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Contributes to normal formation of red blood cells.
- Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Contributes to normal psychological function.
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Has a role in the process of cell division.
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Vitamin B12 or cobalamin doesn’t define a single substance, but rather a group of substances, comprising different forms of cobalamin, including cyanocobalamin, methylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin.
- The name cobalamin derives from the trace element cobalt, which is found in the core of the vitamin.