VITAMIN & MINERAL COMPLEX FOR VEGANS
In general, it is possible to cover all important nutrients on a balanced vegan diet. An exception is vitamin B12, which should be supplemented by vegans. Especially active forms of B12 are recommended, as they can be directly used by the body. One of them is methylcobalamin, which we included in our My Vegan Basics supplement.
Depending on lifestyle choices or other circumstances, it is sometimes useful or necessary to supplement additional vitamins or minerals. Potentially critical nutrients for people following a plant-based diet include iron, selenium, iodine, calcium, zinc, vitamin B2 and D3. Therefore, we also added these minerals and vitamins to our product. We rely on high-quality raw materials: our Aquamin calcium comes from the algae Lithothamnium, the iodine is derived from Kelp and the vitamin D3 is extracted from lichens. For the other vitamins and minerals, we made sure to choose forms that are highly bioavailable and therefore easily utilized and stored in the body.
The importance of vitamin B12, B2 & D3, iron, calcium, iodine, selenium, zinc
- contribute to normal function of red blood cells
- contribute to the maintenance of normal skin
- contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- contribute to normal functioning of the nervous system
- contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
- contribute to normal fertility and reproduction
- contribute to normal muscle function
- contribute to the maintenance of normal hair
Good to know
- The absorption rate of B12 in the intestine is very low. This is why most B12 supplements offer a rather high dose to ensure that the daily requirements are met.
- Iron is better absorbed when combined with vitamin C. Therefore, we recommend taking the supplement together with a vitamin C-rich meal.