MSM PLUS ZINC
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organosulfur compound. Being one of the most common elements in the body, sulfur plays an important role for our health. It is necessary for the formation of collagen and keratin, which are basic building blocks of our hair, cartilage and nails. The element is also a component of chondroitin sulphate, which gives our cartilages and joints mobility and stability.
Not all MSM is created equal. We use a high-quality, 99.9% pure raw material with a high mesh factor (40-80). It is produced by an elaborate distillation process, resulting in an exceptionally fine-grained structure. MSM can be quite bitter, making our tablets and ideal alternative to MSM powder.
We combine the MSM with bioavailable zinc from zinc citrate. Zinc is an essential mineral that the body does not make on its own. It contributes to the maintenance of skin, hair and nails and bones and therefore makes a great addition to MSM.
The Importance of Zinc
- contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails.
- contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- contributes to the maintenance of normal vision.
Good to Know
- MSM is also found in plants but in rather microscopic amounts. For producing 1 kg of MSM several trees would need to be chopped down and processed.
- The sulfur content in the body is 0.2%. Thus. we are made up of 5 times more sulfur than magnesium and 40 times more sulfur than iron.