THE UNDERRATED AMINO ACID
L-glutamine is a building block of proteins and one of the most abundant amino acids in the body. It is considered a conditionally essential amino acid that can generally be produced by the body in sufficient amounts. However, in stressful situations like an intensive training, the body's own production may be insufficient which can impair various body functions.
The benefits of L-glutamine
RECOVERY & MUSCLE MAINTENANCE: Glutamine prevents muscle breakdown by promoting a positive nitrogen balance which is required for protein synthesis and thus muscle building. Glutamine can also speed up the recovery process and reduce muscle soreness by removing waste products like ammonia from the body.
ANTIOXIDANT: Glutamine is a precursor of glutathione, a very powerful antioxidant. Glutathione protects the muscle from harmful free radicals and acidity produced during intense training and thereby reduces fatigue.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: Glutamine stimulates immune cells that defend the body from infections, which is especially important during intense workouts due to the increased risk of being hit by pathogens.
Unlike any other: Natural, pure and highly soluble
Our L-glutamine is 100% natural. We use a raw material that is not synthetic but derived from natural
fermentation of corn. Natural forms are characterized by a high bioavailability, meaning the amino acid
is quickly absorbed and utilized by the body. Plus, the glutamine is gentle on the stomach.
Our natural glutamine powder has a neutral taste and is very pure which makes it highly soluble.
That's why it makes a great addition to protein shakes or post-workout smoothies. It can also be
combined with other sports supplements from our Vegavero Sport line, including Creatine and Beta
- All kind of sports
- Men and women
- Ideal for recovery / post-workout
- Helps reduce muscle breakdown
- Decreases muscle fatigue and soreness
- We recommend taking 5 g per day after training with at least 200 ml of water.
- For high performance athletes it could be helpful to increase the dosage and to take the product also during non-training, rest days.
- Glutamine and other amino acids can have an ammonia smell, which is due to the nitrogen found in amino acids. This is not down to a lack of quality.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-workout or L-Arginin plus: to integrate a pre- and post-workout supplement
- Creatin or beta-alanine: for muscle building and more professional athletes
- B-Vitamin Complex or Vitamin B12 to counteract the symtptoms of fatigue
- In addition to L-glutamine, enough sleep is crucial for recovery & the immune system
- Can also reduce the craving for sweets