NATURAL IODINE FROM ORGANIC KELP
Our iodine capsules contain organic kelp sourced from Scotland. The brown seaweed is rich in a variety of minerals and is especially known for its exceptionally high iodine content. The advantage of natural, organically bound iodine is its high bioavailability and bioactivity compared to synthetic forms; meaning it is more efficiently absorbed, stored and utilized by the body.
We chose to dose with care. Our capsules contain 150 mcg of iodine, which equals 100% of the daily
recommendation. Highly dosed iodine supplements with 200 mcg or more can have detrimental side effects like diarrhoea, a burning sensation in the mouth, nausea, vomiting and more.
The quality and safety of our products are very important to us. Algae from open waters are often
contaminated with harmful substances. That is why we only use seaweed from organic cultivation, while ensuring that we regularly test our iodine capsules for microbial contamination as well as pesticides and heavy metal residues.
THE IMPORTANCE OF IODINE:
- contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels
- contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- contributes to the maintenance of normal hair
- contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- contributes to normal hair pigmentation
- contributes to normal skin pigmentation
- contributes to the normal thyroid function
- contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
GOOD TO KNOW:
- The main food sources of iodine are fish, mussels and algae, followed by milk, eggs, meat and cereals.
- Fruits and vegetables may also contain it, but the amount greatly depends on the concentration of iodine in the soil on which they are grown, the use of fertilizers and irrigation practices.
- Due to the high variability in iodine concentrations, the amounts of iodine in food are often not sufficient to meet the body's needs.