Everyone knows: without vitamins and minerals you cannot survive - and even a seemingly small deficiency can have noticeable consequences for our health. Actually, one should correctly speak of vitamins (such as vitamins A, C and B12), minerals (including calcium, magnesium and magnesium) as well as trace elements (like zinc, iron and iodine). They are all essential for various reactions in the body and fulfill a variety of different tasks.
Vitamin C, for example, helps fight free radicals and supports the immune system. Vitamin B12 is critical for blood formation and the function of the nervous system. The mineral group is just as important: calcium is a crucial building block for bones and teeth and strengthens muscles and the heart – so does magnesium. Trace elements are also indispensable: Iron supports the transport of oxygen in the body and is involved in the formation of hormones and important messenger substances. Iodine is an important component of thyroid hormones and selenium supports the function of the immune system.
Do we actually need to take dietary supplements?
The intake of vitamins and minerals in sufficient quantities is a prerequisite for a healthy body. In a society characterized by an oversupply of food, a healthy diet that provides the body and mind with everything they need should not really be a problem.
Yet, this is often not the case:
- because we do not eat a “perfect” diet
- because our food today contains significantly lower levels of vitamins and minerals than in the past
- because there are circumstances in which we have an increased need for vitamins and minerals. During strenuous physical activity, pregnancy and breastfeeding, when eating a vegan or vegetarian diet, but also in old age or in winter, the metabolism needs more or different nutrients.
That is why we are convinced that high-quality products made from exceptional raw materials can be a helpful tool to support everyone’s general health and well-being.
Aren't vitamins & co. always natural?
Great food supplements should provide high-quality micronutrients in sufficient quantities. For us that means:
- only the best raw materials, if possible from natural (i.e. plant-derived) sources
- no artificial additives such as magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, or preservatives
This requirement is often not easy to implement, especially with vitamins and minerals. Products from synthetic or animal sources dominate the market - because the raw materials are easy to obtain and comparatively cheap. Many suppliers also still use chemical additives because this is simply the cheapest way to produce tablets or capsules.
Is "natural" even better?
YES! Natural raw materials as a source of vitamins and minerals may be more expensive, but they are also better - for several reasons:
- Firstly, in contrast to synthetic products, natural raw materials also provide many other valuable phytonutrients such as enzymes and antioxidants. The principle is the same as in nature: an apple does not only contain vitamin C, but also B vitamins, potassium, iron and other nutrients.
- Secondly, vitamins and minerals from natural sources can be much better absorbed and utilized by the body. Thus, the so-called "bioavailability" is significantly higher.
- Thirdly, due to the high absorption rate and bioavailability, micronutrients from natural raw materials can be dosed lower compared to their synthetic counterparts.
We believe that natural raw materials are the better alternative. Whether it’s organic acerola (for vitamin C) from Brazil, quinoa (for B vitamins) from Austria, red algae (for calcium) from the North Atlantic, organic brown algae (for iodine) from Scotland, seawater (for magnesium) from Ireland, mustard seeds (for selenium) or organic curry leaves (for iron) from India - no way is too far for us!
Vegavero Natural – Nature In A Bottle
Our Vegavero Natural line comprises vitamins and minerals that come from 100% natural and plant-based sources without the addition of artificial ingredients. Developing a genuine natural product is extremely demanding and takes a lot of time. But the effort is worth it. Vegavero Natural - these are pure vitamins and minerals from nature.