Whether you are a beginner, an experienced athlete or even a professional, during a tough training session, the feeling of physical fatigue can quickly reach an undesirable level. The unpleasant feeling in our muscles makes us feel weak and can definitely discourage us from reaching our personal objectives during a workout. In order to overcome this feeling and lift our spirits, a little extra push can sometimes be helpful.
Pre-Workout supplements appear like the perfect solution to conquer the fatigue-dilemma. Indeed, Pre-Workout products - as the name implies - are ideally taken before the training to provide that extra boost of energy often needed to get the body and mind prepared for the upcoming workout and support endurance and performance. Our L-Arginine Plus is designed to do just that so let’s take a look at what makes our product so special.
The Benefits of L-Arginine
L-Arginine is well-known to increase physical and sexual performance. As a semi-essential amino acid, it can be produced by the body – however, only to some extent. Especially during intensive periods of exercise, our body cannot keep up with the increased demand by our muscles.
Normally, a balanced diet, including foods such as tofu, nuts, vegetables, and almonds, usually meets the L-arginine needs of a healthy person. However, in the case of intense physical activity, an additional supplement may be needed due to two reasons:
- Arginine from food must first be released through a long digestion process, while L-Arginine found in supplements is usually in free form and therefore absorbed more rapidly.
- To optimize performance as an athlete through food alone, it would be necessary to consume disproportionate amounts of the food containing L-Arginine.
L-Arginine is involved in several processes in the body, particularly the formation of nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide stimulates the endothelium, the inner lining of blood vessels, resulting in increased blood flow and thus improved flow of oxygen and nutrients – to the delight of muscles. The result is a better muscle pump and increased stamina during the workout. Hence, L-Arginine is great for both strength and endurance training.
Moreover, L-Arginine may also contribute to muscle definition by stimulating insulin secretion , creatine synthesis and storage of glucose, proteins, and carbohydrates in muscle tissue. If taken after training, it can speed up recovery time by improving the body's overall regeneration after physical exertion, promoting the flow of nutrients into the cells and the elimination of metabolic products such as lactic acid and ammonia.
Our L-Arginine Plus: An Effective Combination
We know how difficult it is to find high-quality sports supplements with a good composition, which is why we created our own sports line. Of course, we do not use any unnecessary and potentially harmful additives such as magnesium stearate or microcrystalline cellulose. Our L-Arginine Plus is suitable for vegans and especially developed for active men – but also women. The unique combination of L-Arginine base, Maca, Tribulus Terrestris, Cordyceps, Vitamin C and Zinc provides an optimal support during workouts – from the beginning of the training until the end. We only chose high-quality and mostly natural ingredients, which work synergistically to boost physical performance.
- L-Arginine Base: Instead of L-Arginine HCl, we use L-Arginine base from natural fermentation, the only form that consists of 100% pure L-Arginine.
- Maca Extract: Traditionally considered a “natural adaptogen”, Maca can help the body to better cope with stress – both mental and physical. We chose a highly concentrated 10:1 extract instead of only Maca powder.
- Cordyceps Extract: Due to its high polysaccharide content, cordyceps may reduce oxidative stress and inflammation. We use a highly dosed extract standardized to 40% polysaccharides.
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract: Tribulus is often considered a natural “testosterone booster”, which is due to its high content of saponins. They form the basic block of steroids, which also include steroid hormones such as testosterone. Considering the importance of the saponins, we chose a Tribulus extract which is standardized to 90% saponins.
- Natural Vitamin C: The vitamin C is derived from natural Acerola extract which enhances its bioavailability. Why is it inside? It contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Zinc Citrate: Beyond all the benefits of zinc we chose it predominantly for its contribution towards maintaining testosterone levels in the blood. We use zinc citrate, a form of the mineral that can particularly be well utilized by body.
 Rad et al., Effects of L-arginine supplementation on glycemic profile: evidence from a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials. J Integr Med. (2020)
Supplement designed to increase endurance and physical performance. Arginine base from natural fermentation, with extracts of Peruvian maca (red), Tribulus Terrestris (90% saponins) and Cordyceps sinensis (40% polysaccharides), combined with natural Vitamin C and Zinc.